Friday, March 21, 2008

Home Study Update

It's hard to believe, but a year has passed since we started the process to adopt Eva. That means, our paperwork is starting to expire already and needs to be redone. So, we are starting to update our home study, which we are required to do every year as we wait.

Step 1: Have fingerprints checked against FBI database. This step means that I have the dreaded rejected prints stigma to overcome.

I walked in the office, yesterday, with my head held high and explained that I don't print well. I was told with great confidence that their office has a new machine that does them digitally and that everything will be fine. Let's just say, Marty was back to work after he had his prints done the old-fashioned way and my prints were still being rejected by a new technology. The best we could get was only three of my prints were rejected (both pinkies and my left ring finger, for the record). So, my prints have been sent on with the rejected ones and we are hoping for the best.

Next time, I will remember to plump up my finger tips before being printed. I am fully confident that I will hear from them soon and be asked to visit them again.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

If I rolled your prints the would not have been rejected! Let me guess you have tiny ridges? No surprise. Oh well. Who does your homestudy? I was so sad when we had to update ours last year. Waiting sucks even though they are worth the wait.

GGAdventures said...

Oh, that stinks!! Get those fingers plumped up!!
And we can hope for the best that you won't have to do it again! Yeah, wishful thinking, I know.